In October 2013, for the fourth consecutive year, audio drama companies from around the world are collaborating to present Transcontinental Terror: An Express Train to Audio Horror!
October is traditionally a celebration of Audio Drama, culminating in Halloween, a night which has been special to radio drama ever since Orson Welles’ legendary War of the Worlds performance in 1938. This year, with the 75th anniversary of Welles’ broadcast, more groups than ever are participating in the transcontinent, marathon broadcast.
Transcontinental Terror will offer more than 10 hours of terrifying audio programming, beginning on Halloween at 9AM EDT (1 PM GMT) and running until 7:00 AM EDT November 1st. For the first time ever, the train will hurdle from America’s West Coast, across to Great Britain.
Transcontinental Terror will stream through Sound Stages Radio, North America’s only all-audiodrama and audio book station, on Halloween, Thursday, October 31st, 2013. You’ll be able to listen from the Sound Stages website or from a widget on this site.
You can hear it all hear on Halloween night—Thursday, October 31st, 2013.
Participating production companies include:
- 19 Nocturne Boulevard (Seattle, Washington)
- Willamette Radio Workshop (Portland, Oregon)
- Icebox Radio Theater (International Falls, Minnesota)
- Noir Dame Productions (Houston, Texas)
- Atlanta Radio Theatre (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Chatterbox Audio Theater (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Waterlogg Productions (Poughkeepsie, New York)
- Electric Vicuna Productions (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- The Wireless Theatre Company (London, England)
- Cooperantum Audio Theatre (Oxford, England)
Each group offers a work of inventive, imaginative audio horror, guaranteed to bring some genuine terror to your Halloween night. Browse this website to learn more about each group, the shows they will be presenting, and how YOU can help us spread the word!